Friday 4 March 2016

When in Amsterdam: Food Diary


We managed to find some amazing places to eat in Amsterdam so I thought i'd share some mouthwatering pics of them here, i've linked the website to each as well so you can go check out the menus for each place if you're considering a visit! Sorry for some of the poor quality of images, some of them were just taken on my phone instead of my camera and they didn't turn out as great!

Omelegg: Ferdinand Bolstraat 143, 1072 LH Amsterdam

Choose from a selection of different savoury or sweet omelettes, there is one to suit everyone! 

I had an omlette with smoked salmon, chives, dill, crème fraîche & citrus zest and it was called the Viking Fisherman, it was incredible, really good portions as well! James had the Farm Boy which had bacon, chipolata sausage, salami, broccoli, onion, mushroom, spinach, bell pepper, sundried tomato, farmer cheese, thyme & rosemary and he loved it as well!





Kyoto Sushi - All you can eat! 

This place was literally my dream, all you can eat sushi, what more can you want! For around 18 euros at lunch time you can order as many dishes as you'd like, and they are all so fresh! Fair to say me and James got our moneys worth and ate alooooooot of Sushi, I wish I could of got a photo of it altogether but some of our favourites were the teriyaki salmon and the gyozas! 




The Pancake Bakery:  Prinsengracht 191, 1015 DS Amsterdam
I was left in charge of finding somewhere for breakfast and came across the Pancake Bakery online, with star fans like Miley Cyrus, I was sold. I got the Pancake breakfast which was a pancake with bacon, maple syrup and I got extra banana, along with a coffee and orange juice and James decided to go for another Omlette, however I'd say this one looks even better than the Omelegg one! The pancake was literally insane and I'd highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Amsterdam!



De Hallen/Food Hallen: Bellamystraat, Amsterdam

James had researched this place before we went and to be honest, from the outside I didn't expect much (images in my Travel Diary of Amsterdam), however the minute you walk inside the atmosphere is buzzing, with different food stalls from all over the world. I can't remember the name of the stall where we decided to get food from however it was delicious! I had a smoked salmon and radish taco and James had a soft shell crab burger with wasabi mayo (he wasn't a big fan but I loved it!). This place is a must for anyone who likes street food and wants to try something a bit different, or even just to go along for the atmosphere. In De Hallen there is also loads of stalls selling local goods from clothes and jewellery to homeware, and it's all reasonably priced! Definitely a highlight of our trip to Amsterdam and worth the walk out of the centre for a visit!







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tessa Louise. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig